Sunday 10 February 2013

Welcome to TheBlackandWhiteBoard Fashion & Beauty Blog


Welcome everybody to my first post.

I moved to Australia in October 2011 from Dublin. I cannot believe I am here let alone starting this crazy adventure in to the Fashion world. I have always been obsessed by Fashion; I mean I had every Vogue, Harper's Bazaar & Cosmopolitan magazine. I loved making my own dresses and gowns when I was a child, taking every old curtain and sheet in our house and wrapping them around me, I would make wedding dresses, veils, skirts you name it I could make it, all held together by some string.

I have always had a strong interest in design, culture and traveling, and from a young age, got to experience some really amazing places. I think for me it all became clear when I first went to New York. I was 14 years old and it stole my heart. Walking down Fifth Avenue and seeing all the amazing stores and designers I knew instantly Fashion was for me.

My background and career, so far, is so broad. After finishing school I studied Theatrical and Media Make up Artistry and Beauty Therapy. While I was in college I worked part time in fashion retail for a year gaining first hand experience of the fashion industry, trends and customers. Once I finished college I got to work with some amazing make up brands including Mac, Giorgio Armani, Laura Mercier, Benefit, Bobbi Brown, Givenchy,Lancome, and Clarins. I worked with some really inspirational people who were extremely creative and talented make up artists. I will always have a strong love for make up, but it didn't fulfill my desire. I wanted to study, to learn, to challenge my skills and broaden my ability. I enrolled to do a 4 Year Honors Degree in Business Studies majoring in accounting and Finance. I completed this part time whilst I worked full time in Finance. While it was a challenging course I felt it brought me closer to where I wanted to be. After Graduating in 2011 I decided it was time to broaden my horizons yet further and go traveling. I needed some time to really experience what life was all about and when Australia came up I booked it straight away.

When I arrived in Sydney, I instantly fell in love with the unique culture, the amazing style, the inspirational people and their love for Fashion. I felt this was where I was meant to be. The time was right to embark on the next leg of my fashion journey. I researched so many colleges and courses but fell in love when I came across the FBI (Fashion Business Institute) instantly I knew this college and course was a perfect match for me. I have only just begun, but after a short period of time I have learned so much.

I really cannot wait to share with you all, my experiences, my journey, my style, my influences, and my love for fashion & beauty.

Nothing is impossible, and as one famous first lady said "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."


Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment