Tuesday 26 February 2013

Today's MakeUp Look ..

I have had a lot of great feedback regarding my make-up tutorial, so I decided that I would do another post. For this post I decided I would show you, my make up look for today.Today I decided that I would have a slightly darker eye and a nude lip. When I decide to have a darker eye during the day I never use eye liner on my bottom lid. This would create a very dark eye, and would be too heavy for me to wear during the day.

What make-up have I used for this ?


  • Illamasqua Primer
  • Illamasqua Foundation
  • Mac Blusher
  • Mac Bronzer
  • Mac eye shadow
  • Illamasqua eye liner
  • Mac lipgloss
  • Mac powder
  • Christian Eye brow powder


My style of make up is always very simple, I love to be different but my steps will always be the same just adding more products in, for example if I am adding eye lashes or if I am adding highlighter etc

So How do I create this look .... ?

Firstly add primer to your face, you just need a pea size amount, and you will need to rub this all over your face

Then using your foundation brush apply the foundation all over your face and ensure your neck is also matching

Next Add concealer to any blemishes, under eye dark circles,or on your upper lid.

Next powder your face to ensure your foundation and concealer has set and your face is not shiny.

Brush your brows using a brow brush and make sure they are in shape, fill in any gaps using a brown powder to give them that fuller look.

Apply a base colour on your eye lid. I used a natural tone just to get rid of the concealer colour from my eye lid.

Using your eyeshadow place your darker colour in a ( side ways triangle shape < / >) starting from the outer corner of the eye lid working your way to the inner corner.I used a light brown building this up gradually until it was the colour that I wanted

With your blender brush, brush this back and forth in the same direction you applied your eyeshadow, building up the colour on the outer corner and brushing this in to the inner corner of your eye. You can do this a few times to build up the colour.

Using your eye liner brush you want a thin and simple eye lined effect. Start from the outer corner and work inwards and always create a  thicker line on the outer corner and a thin line working towards the inner corner.This time I used the Illamasqua liquid liner pen
Use mascara on your upper lashes and then wipe the excess off your mascara wand. Without adding extra mascara, apply to the lower lashes to avoid clumping and smudging. Apply very lightly to the lower lashes

Apply your Bronzer to the areas you want to shade, i.e Temples, forehead etc

Apply blusher to the apples of your cheek working upwards towards your temple

Finally apply lipgloss to your lips

And that is it. A simple, quick and gorgeous day look.


I really hope you found this post useful and you enjoyed it. If you have any questions on this look, or the products that I have used please leave me a comment below and I will get back to you. Until next time......

Stay Stylish - Stay Inspired - Stay true to you

Jennifer xx

No comments:

Post a Comment