Tuesday 12 February 2013

Karl Lagerfeld - My Fashion Icon

Karl Lagerfeld is my Fashion Icon. Best known for being the Creative Director to Chanel Fashion house, he is also widely regarded as being the creative force behind brands such as Tommy Hilfiger, Fendi and his own brand Karl. He is a unique, and talented man, and his longevity in the world of couture ensures that he will be remembered as the fashion powerhouse he is.


What I love so much about Karl Lagerfeld is he has tried nearly everything from his iconic designing, to photography,to his own bookstore and art collection.
So I got extremely excited when I realised Karl Lagerfeld has brought out his own line called 'Karl '. This is an affordable, sexy,tailored line. The price ranges from £90-£250 approximately. While I agree its not the most affordable range, I can only imagine that the quality and textures that he has to offer are well and truly worth it.
I love when creative fashion designers bring out affordable lines.His line has some really key pieces and a girl can never go wrong with a little black jacket, or a little black dress. I will be reviewing the entire line soon but if you want to see it before then, visit www.net-a-porter.com



I was very lucky as I got to attend 'The Little Black Jacket ' exhibition in Sydney back in 2012 and I got to witness all the amazing photographs taken by Karl himself. The layout of the exhibition was spectacular and really well put together. It was held in an old warehouse turned in to this amazing art gallery filled with amazing photos. Below are some shots that I got on the day..



I look forward to bringing you more from the Karl collection soon, until then,
  

Stay Stylish - Stay Inspired - Stay true to you xx

Jennifer xx


No comments:

Post a Comment