Monday 17 June 2013

Summer to Winter Make Up

A lot of people would say its a pain trying to find the perfect foundation match for their own skin colour. And I would agree it can be very hard to 1. Find a Foundation that you like 2. Can match perfectly to your own skin colour and 3. Can afford. There are many factors that do come in to play.

For me the best advice I can give to anyone looking for new foundations or foundations in general, is firstly to know your skin type and what it is your after. For example you need to know your skin type if your oily, dry combination etc. If you have really oily skin and you use a liquid oily foundation its just going to make you even more oilier, and just slide right off your face. Drop in to any of the make up counters and have a chat with the counter staff, 9/ times out of 10 they are extremely helpful! And if you want full coverage if you want a natural look these are all things you need to ask yourself before you even go shopping.

For me it is so important to know how your skin colour through the year. If you tan during the summer it is really important that you know how to match your body colour to your face when you tan and vice versa in the winter. When you loose a lot of your colour its important to know what shade matches you then. For me I match my collar bone and my chest to my foundation. I never let sun on my face so my face is really white/yellow colour but my body goes extremely brown in the sun. I have two foundations that I use, one for the Winter when I'm much lighter and one for the summer. In-between i mix the two together and get a in-between colour.

What foundations would I recommend ?

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk - Combination Skin
Mac Studio Fix Fluid - Any of the NC colours are yellow based and any NW colours are Pink based so its important to know what skin tone you have.
Illamasqua - Skin Base Foundation



There are so many different foundations on the market that it really depends on everyones personal taste and what brands they like. I would just recommend knowing what you are looking for in terms of your skin and knowing if your a pink or yellow base to help avoid buying the wrong ones.

If you have any questions please leave them below or check out my FB like page ' the white board fashion ' and Like my page for lots of updates.

Until next time…

Stay Stylish - Stay Inspired - Stay true to you

Jennifer xx

No comments:

Post a Comment